Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Mistletoe Promise - by Richard Paul Evans (Why Did This Story Have to End?!)

Front Cover

Wow! This is a powerful little book by one of the greats, Richard Paul Evans. I read the book in one evening, because I couldn't put it down. At times, I laughed out loud at the arrangement (the Christmas season promise) that was set up by two lonely individuals, Elise and Nicholas. And, of course, I cried during much of it. Richard Paul Evans has a knack for writing stories that you could imagine happening in any family, especially in this story as both Elise and Nick's tragedies could easily be found on the evening news. The beauty of this book is that no matter how terrible the tragedy, an individual can overcome grief with love and companionship of another with a similar set of circumstances. This book doesn't include any negative language or steamy scenes. The romance is hinted at, but not explicit. Make sure you are prepared for crying, because I can almost guarantee you it will happen. However, I didn't say the crying was because of bad things. Much of the book is very touching and heartwarming. Your favorite librarian says: Read It!!

Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you enjoy reading these fabulous book as much as I do.

Merry Christmas to you and your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment